Stop us if we're wrong, but intuitiveness, fetching designs, and functionality are essential features for the best online betting apps in NZ.
Sadly, the odds of finding an app that unifies all three are slim in an industry this saturated.
It's a familiar story for Kiwis to seek the ultimate betting app endlessly without an ideal outcome. But — guess what — not anymore!
Our experts have taken considerable time and effort to compile a list of the top five betting applications for Kiwis. Find out the sites making up this list, how to download your preferred app for Android or iOS, and our considerations for creating the shortlist.
Ready to go? Let's dive in!
Best Betting Apps for Kiwis: Where Can New Zealand Players Punt Online?
Sports betting apps are becoming New Zealand players' rave for good reasons. Thanks to the numerous benefits they bring.
A good sports betting app in NZ allows push notifications, helping stay updated with ongoing fixtures, progressive bet slips, and changing odds. What's more?
Sports apps facilitate faster loading, eliminating the delay between opening your browser and typing in your address. Live games also load quicker on apps than on websites.
It gets better, thanks to the fingerprint login option some apps have. This feature guarantees security, and you don't have to worry about someone accessing your account behind your back.
Impressed? You're not alone, as plenty of other Kiwis are well-keen on sports betting apps. Now, let's see how you can obtain these apps, depending on your device.
How to Download a Betting App in NZ for Android or iOS
Android and iOS devices download betting apps through different processes.
Steps to Download a Betting App for Android
Downloading a betting app on Android is a straightforward process that begins with knowing that most gambling apps are prohibited on the app store.
Therefore, you must download it directly from the sportsbook website. You may take the following steps:
- Open the sportsbook website whose app you wish to download.
- Login to your account.
- Confirm if there's an app for your device (android or iOS). You can check the website's options or ask customer care.
- Click on download if there's an app.
- The APK file will start downloading, and you'll receive a notification when the process is complete.
- Clicking on the file will reveal a pop-up, "Install App?" with the options "Yes" or "No".
- Select the former and wait for a moment.
- Start betting!
Steps to Download a Betting App for iOS
The app store approves betting sites that fulfill specific criteria, such as legality. Therefore, only licensed sportsbooks have their applications available for iOS download.
Follow the steps below for a quick download:
- Open the app store.
- Enter the site's name in the search field.
- The results will include the sportsbook's official app (if it has one).
- Click on "Install".
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Register if you don't have an account. But if you have, log in to the account and start gaming!
5 Best Betting Apps in NZ
The following are five betting apps for Kiwis that possess essential features, making for an enjoyable betting experience.
Bet365 (Android and iOS)
Bet365 remains New Zealand's most famous virtual sportsbook, with over 70 million customers worldwide. The bookmaker offers an in-depth portfolio of both NZ and global sports betting markets. What's better?
This sportsbook offers excellent odds and the richest live streaming alternatives. Not to mention its 100% return up to $100 on the first deposit! Without a doubt, Bet365 comes highly recommended.
Bet365 Android Betting App Download
- Create an account with Bet365.
- Scroll halfway down the page and select "View all 365 Apps".
- The next page will present apps for Sports, Casino, Live Casino, Bingo, and other options.
- Click on "Download" on the sports option.
- Approve the pop-up window and install the app after the APK downloads.
Bet365 iOS Betting App Download
- Open your app store.
- Search for Bet365.
- Install the official app.
- Open or log in to an account.
- Start playing.
- Pleasant, easy-to-use user interface
- Best sporting odds in New Zealand
- Responsive customer care team
- Excellent in-game betting and streaming options
- Design may be too simplistic
Betway (Android and iOS)
Betway has grown meteorically since its introduction in 2006. The UK, Sweden, Malta, and Germany-licensed sportsbook stocks various popular New Zealand sports, such as horse racing, rugby, and cricket. Betway allows payment through multiple channels and remains a fan favorite due to its everyday promotions.
Betway Android Betting App Download
- Open the website in your browser.
- Open "Quick Links" from the top left corner and select "Betway Apps".
- Select "Download for Android".
- Wait for the APK to start downloading.
- Install when download is complete.
Betway iOS Betting App Download
- Open the Betway website.
- Select the top left corner and click "Betway Apps".
- Choose "Download for iOS".
- The page will redirect you to the app store.
- Install the app there and start gaming.
- Extensive sports market selection
- Daily odds boost
- Faster access to live games
- Multi-builder feature
- Support may be hard to reach.
888Sport (Android and iOS)
Founded in 2008, 888Sport's status as a famous New Zealand sportsbook is understandable. The platform hosts numerous sports markets with great odds and has excellent live betting lines. In addition, 888Sport runs a casino so that you can satisfy your itch for sports and slots on the same site.
888Sport Android Betting App Download
- Open the 888Sport homepage
- Scroll to the bottom and expand "More Info".
- Select "Mobile Betting".
- Click on "Available for Android".
- The page redirects you to the Google Play Store.
- Install the app.
888Sport iOS Betting App Download
- Scroll to the 888Sport's homepage bottom.
- Click on the "Available on the App Store" icon.
- Install the application.
- Bet calculator feature
- Articulate layout and design
- Pre-match and in-play options available
- Fingerprint touch ID required for login.
- Relatively low bonus offer.
22Bet (Android and iOS)
22Bet is suitable proof that new sportsbook sites may be excellent, too. This Cyprus-based platform launched in 2017 but has amassed millions of users in New Zealand. Thanks to its fantastic sign-up bonus and extensive market spread. Not to forget its over 50 payment methods, making 22Bet the only NZ bookmaker that supports cryptocurrency.
22Bet Android Betting App Download
- Open the 22Bet website.
- Scroll to the page bottom and select "Mobile Applications".
- Select "Download App for Android".
- While the download progresses, the page loads an optional "how to use app" video.
22Bet iOS Betting App Download
- Open 22Bet.com in your browser.
- Select "Mobile Applications" at the page's bottom.
- Click "Download App for iOS".
- Start playing.
- Exclusive bonus for users
- Remarkably vast market range
- Plenty of payment options
- Excellent in-game betting options
- Navigation may be confusing due to the color combination
BetVictor (Android and iOS)
Courtesy of how much fun Kiwis can have at BetVictor, it's easy to forget that this sportsbook is British. This aesthetically pleasing bookmaker offers competitive odds, innovative promos on particular sporting events, multi-bet builder, and exclusive betting lines. In addition, you can stream international races on the go and optimize the site-specific daily boosts.
BetVictor Android Betting App Download
- Create an account with the casino. Ensure all details are genuine.
- You'll find a "Get the BetVictor Android Sports and Casino App" pop-up on the homepage. Click "Install".
- Select "Download" on the next page.
- Wait for the process to complete.
BetVictor iOS Betting App Download
- Open your app store.
- Search "BetVictor" in the search bar.
- Install the official app and start betting.
- Visually appealing design
- Intuitive build
- Vast selection of sports markets
- Boosted daily odds
- You can stream only international races
Considerations for Selecting the Best Online Betting Apps in NZ: What Factor Did We Consider?
An innovative, intuitive app will be worthless if its bookmaker doesn't prioritize players' security or offer a diverse sports market. Therefore, it's necessary to assess the sportsbook itself when reviewing its betting app's quality.
Below, we explain the factors we evaluated to shortlist New Zealand's best online betting apps.
- License: Issued by independent international authorities, a license is a seal that approves a sportsbook's online operations and guides its conduct with customers. A licensed sportsbook has the legal backing to serve players so that you can trust it with your real money.
What's better? Bookmakers that violate their licensor's fairness law lose their license.
- Safety: A safe betting app protects your data from malicious third parties. All sportsbooks shortlisted above protect customer data through SSL technology and specific security measures, such as 2FA and fingerprint login. Any bookmaking app that neglects its user's safety is not advisable.
- Payment Methods: Available payment methods at an NZ bookmaker determine the ease of depositing and cashing out, as numerous options mean an easier process and vice versa. For instance, an NZ betting app that doesn't support Visa, MasterCard, American Express, POLi, or PayPal payments makes betting inconvenient.
- Accessibility: Accessibility addresses how convenient customers find an app. This factor concerns the app design, texts, and organization, as it aims to determine how easy it is for a player to access other options on the app. For example, how easy is it to make a payment or contact customer care on this app?
- User Rating: Our reviewers read through user reviews and ratings on the internet for a more precise understanding. This step was necessary since apps may have different shortcomings for various people. Our problem with an app may be its accessibility, while someone else may believe it's the payment system. Evaluating user ratings helped to make more informed choices.
- Customer Support: The customer support quality in a betting app is crucial to consider. That's because letdowns are unavoidable in the long run. The withdrawal process may be taking too many days, or there may be a problem with awarding a bonus. A sound customer support system will be beneficial in any such situation. We ensured all bookmaker apps above offer 24/7 live chat and email support, among other options.
- Speed & Reliability: Speed deals with the app's quickness in fulfilling user commands. For example, how long does it take to load a live game? This factor also includes the time it takes for pages to open after clicking them. Reliability considerations evaluate if the app is trustworthy at all times. Can a player depend on the application for all operations at all times? Some apps have bugs that crash them sometimes, but —fortunately— they are not on our list. A betting app must combine these two features to satisfy the client's needs consistently.
- Available Sports: A betting app may fulfill all other criteria on this list, but that doesn't matter if it doesn't scale through this factor.
Sportsbooks must have significant offerings speed across New Zealand and global markets, and their apps reflect accordingly. Any betting app that doesn't offer a diverse selection of sports is unrecommended, notwithstanding its other qualities.
- Live Betting: In-play betting lines are the primary reason most Kiwis prefer apps to websites. Live betting is more straightforward with an app since you open the app and the live section without delay. Therefore, the in-play feature quality of a betting app has a critical say in its status. A good betting app must improve the player's live betting experience. For example, suppose a sportsbook's "Live Game" page is often unresponsive on browsers when there are numerous live games. Its app must eliminate this issue, so users can freely bet despite the number of ongoing games.
- Special Bonuses: Some sportsbooks give exclusive promos for downloading their apps, while others may organize incentives from time to time for using their apps for a while. In addition, there's always the referral contest, which awards a player with points or cash for referring the app to someone else. Note that this factor isn't a make-or-break consideration. If your preferred betting app makes betting simpler, quicker, and more enjoyable but doesn't offer a bonus, it may be in your best interest to not let that deter you.