Whether it’s the thrill of the ball spinning around a roulette wheel, the turn of a card, or the excitement of slots games, there are plenty of new online casinos to choose from in the UK these days.
You can find whatever casino games you want to play and there are some really good welcome bonuses and ongoing promotions out there too.
The best thing about playing online casinos in the UK is that the legitimate ones are all fully licensed by the UKGC, which means you get a safe, fair, and secure gaming experience.
The problem is, there are dozens of online casinos already available, with several new online casinos opening up their virtual doors every month - how can you possibly know which one to play at?
That’s why we’ve put together this comprehensive guide to the best new online casinos in the UK in 2021.
How Do We Compare New UK Online Casinos?
We have a tried and tested method for selecting the best new online casinos, which involves measuring up each one against our detailed criteria, rating them, then ranking them in order of quality in each area.
So, what criteria do we use?
Safety & Security
This is our top priority when it comes to comparing new online casinos. You want to gamble without worrying whether your funds are safe or whether you are being scammed by unfair practices.
That’s why we only list and recommend online casinos that are fully licensed by the UKGC (Gambling Commission) which oversees the fairness and security of gambling companies that operate in the UK.
Range of Casino Games
There are literally dozens of casino games to choose from. We prefer casinos that offer at least the minimum range that you would expect - roulette, blackjack, and slots. Extra games and features score bonus points in our rating system.
Pretty much all new online casinos in the UK offer a welcome bonus to draw in new customers. Usually, the welcome bonus is either a deposit match, e.g. you get £50 back for depositing £50 after you meet certain gambling requirements, or some sites offer free spins as an incentive to sign up. A few online casinos offer both.
As there is a lot of competition for customers, it often seems to be the case that promotions at new online casinos are more generous than those at other sites, and some even offer no deposit free casino bonuses.
Make sure the small print of the terms and conditions for welcome bonuses are checked too. Details such as the wagering requirement of these deals can make a big difference.
As it is sometimes known, the wagering requirement- or turnover - shows how many times bonus funds must be bet before they are unlocked and can be withdrawn as real money.
Existing Customer Bonuses
Most new online casinos offer promotions for existing customers. This can take the form of a loyalty reward scheme, free slots spins, competitions or tournaments, and random giveaways.
A payout percentage is how much the casino returns to the customer in winnings. For instance, if the payout percentage is 99%, you will get £0.99 back for every £1.00 you spend, on average. All online casinos in the UK are required to disclose their payout percentages somewhere on their website. As a rough guide, typical payout percentages at online casinos are 99.5% for blackjack and 97.3% for roulette.
Once you’ve signed up for a new online casino, you will need to verify your identity. When the verification process has been completed, you will be able to deposit real money into your account to use for betting on casino games. To do this you will need to choose from a range of payment methods. Casinos that offer a wider range of payment methods, low minimums for deposit and withdrawal, and fast processing times are ranked more highly in our system.
We expect a high level of customer support and service when we play at online casinos. Casino sites and apps that offer live chat and email support, preferably 24/7, will score more highly in our rankings.
Why Choose A New Casino Site in the UK Over an Older One?
There are dozens of well-established and well-known online casino sites out there - companies like 888, 32red, Mansion, etc.
So, why may it be a good idea to look for a new one rather than stick with one of the old-school sites?
Let’s weigh up the pros and cons of signing up to a new online casino, rather than playing at an existing one:
Advantages of New Online Casinos
- Generous Welcome Bonuses - For any new online casino, the main priority is to attract new players. The best way for them to do this is to offer generous sign-up bonuses, such as a 100% match bonus, lots of free spins, and some even offer no-deposit bonuses to get you started without having to spend a penny.
- More Innovative Features - As they are trying to stand out in a crowded marketplace, new casinos need to innovate and come up with fresh ideas and features, for instance, new twists on old casino games such as double ball roulette or live dealer streaming games.
- Advanced Mobile Apps - The newer casinos tend to be made with mobile gaming in mind, which means that the website is highly mobile responsive or they release a dedicated app for Android and iOS. Some of the older casino sites struggle to keep up in this respect, either having no mobile app or a clunky app that doesn’t function well.
Disadvantages of New Online Casinos
- Customer Support May Be Worse - New casino sites are highly focused on getting new customers playing and doing everything else as cheaply as possible. This means that not all new sites can afford to offer 24/7 live chat support.
- May Have Less Ongoing Promotions - The more established online casino sites have crafted and honed their promotions for existing customers over their years, providing offers such as loyalty reward schemes, tournaments, or prize giveaways, etc.