Have you heard of Paysafecard?
Our experts have created a complete guide to Paysafecard for new and experienced users.
Learn all about Paysafecard, what it is and how it works. We’ll cover the pros and cons of using this option. Plus, we’ll show you how to deposit and withdraw money using Paysafecard at Canadian online casinos.
What is Paysafecard?
Paysafecard is a prepaid online payment method.
Paysafecard is available in 50 different countries around the world, including Canada. The company is based in Vienna, Austria and is a division of Paysafe Holdings UK Limited.
The best part about Paysafecard is that no credit card information or banking details are needed to create an account.
There are two variations of Paysafecard:
- Paysafecard - this is a PIN that’s bought at a Paysafecard retailer. This PIN is a 16-digit code that can be used to make online payments. Paysafecards can be bought in several different denominations.
- My Paysafecard - this is an account that can be used to make payments online. Once a My Paysafecard account is created, Paysafecard PINs can be added. To make an online payment, the account holder just needs to enter their username and password. By adding several Paysafecard PINs to a single account, users can make larger purchases.
Here’s how Paysafecard works:
- Find a location that sells Paysafecard
- Purchase a Paysafecard
- Denominations include: $10, $30, $50, $100, $150 or $250
- Use your Paysafecard at any online store that accepts it
- To make a payment: Choose Paysafecard as the method of payment
- Enter the 16-digit PIN on your Paysafecard
You can purchase Paysafecard PINs at the following retailers in Canada:
- Canada Post
- Canadian Tire Gas+
- Hasty Market, and more
To better manage your Paysafecard PINs (and to add multiple PINs together), create a My Paysafecard account.
- Go to the orange “SIGN UP” button at the top right corner of the Paysafecard website
- Select your country (i.e. Canada)
- Choose a username and password
- Enter your email address
- Verify your email by following the link that’s sent to the email address you provided
- This link will open a page where you can complete the sign-up process
- Provide your first and last name and date of birth
- Enter your home address
- Provide your phone number. Then, verify your phone number by entering the code that is sent to you via SMS
- Add any Paysafecard PINs that you’ve purchased to your My Paysafecard account
- Pay online at any participating retailer by entering your username and password
Once you have created an account, you can use your My Paysafecard portal to do the following:
- Manage PINs
- See Paysafecard locations
- Enter new PINs
- View your balance
- See your transaction history
There are a few fees linked to Paysafecard, including:
- $2.50 per month
- This fee is subtracted from your PIN balance each month, starting 18 months after it’s purchased
- This fee is determined by the retailer and is charged as a sales fee
- This fee is dependent on exchange rates and only applies when making purchases in foreign currencies
It’s important to keep in mind that there are limits when using Paysafecard.
These limits can help prevent overspending. However, they may also prevent you from making large purchases and deposits.
Be aware of the following limits:
- Maximum transaction amount (even with combined PINs) - $400
- Maximum transaction amount (even with combined PINs) - $400
- The total maximum value of all PINs in an account at any given time - $3,500
- The total value of all PINs in account per year - $6,000
These limits are also used to help prevent the use of Paysafecard for illegal activities.
Linking Paysafecard to an Online Casino
Want to use Paysafecard at your favourite online casino?
It’s as easy as 1-2-3:
- In your casino account, select Paysafecard as your payment method
- Enter the 16-digit PIN provided on your Paysafecard
- Confirm your transaction
- Select Paysafecard as your payment method, while logged in to your casino account
- Provide your Paysafecard account username and password
- Verify your transaction
If you need assistance with any Paysafecard products, the following options are available:
- FAQ page - you’ll find a link to this page in the top right corner of the Paysafecard website.
- Virtual assistant - to access your virtual assistant, navigate to the help page on Paysafecard’s website. Once on this page, you’ll see a little black box in the bottom right corner. This is Lara - your virtual assistant. Click “Ask away!” to get started.
- Contact form - you’ll find this form on the Contact page of the website.
How to Delete a Paysafecard Account
To delete or cancel a Paysafecard account follow these steps:
- Log in to your Paysafecard account
- Go to “My Details”
- Choose “Close Account”
If you have any issues, the customer service representatives at Paysafecard are happy to help.
Benefits of Paysafecard for Online Gambling
There are several reasons Paysafecard is perfect for transferring money to and from your online casino account.
Let’s take a look at a few benefits:
- Paysafecard does not require you to share personal or financial information when making payments.
- Paysafecard is widely accessible. Over 650,000 merchants and online casinos accept this payment method.
- Paysafecard users can combine Paysafecard PINs to pay for more expensive purchases.
- Paysafecard reduces the risk of overspending. This is because users can only spend the amount of money available in their Paysafecard account.
Drawbacks of Paysafecard for Online Gambling
There are also some drawbacks to using Paysafecard.
Disadvantages to consider when using Paysafecard for online gambling include:
- The process to load your casino account with Paysafecard funds involves several steps.
- Only a small amount of money can be transferred per transaction (i.e. $400).
- Users must go to a physical retail location to purchase a Paysafecard.
Paysafecard Safety and Security
Paysafecard is a very safe alternative to credit cards and bank transfers. This is because no personal or bank account information needs to be shared when making a transaction.
Paysafecard users can also take the following precautions to ensure their online safety:
- Check that the website you are using is authorized by Paysafecard.
- Do not share your Paysafecard PINs with others, especially via email or phone.
- Lock your Paysafecard PINs if you suspect unauthorized purchases. This can be done through your My Paysafecard account.