Sic Bo is an entertaining casino game rooted in ancient Chinese tradition.
Many Canadians enjoy playing Sic Bo. That’s why we’ve brought you the ultimate guide to playing sic bo online in Canada.
In this guide we’ll cover everything there is to know about Sic Bo and how it works. We’ll discuss the different types of Sic Bo and where you can play online. Plus, stay tuned for our top Sic Bo tips and tricks and a list of the best casinos in Canada!
About Sic Bo
Sic bo is a great game for both beginners and advanced gamblers. This game is played with three dice and players wager on the outcome of the roll.
Here’s how sic bo works:
- Choose a table or online session
- Consider the types of bets offered at the table
- Take note of the payouts for each bet type (this will be shown on the table and will differ between casinos and providers)
- Place your chips on the section of the table you want to bet on
- You can place as many bets as you’d like on various sections of the table
- Wait for the outcome of the roll (3 dice)
- Receive your payout
Sic Bo Bets
Becoming familiar with the different types of bets on a Sic Bo board can help you make better wagering decisions. Understanding what each bet means is important.
The most common Sic Bo include:
- Small: small bets win if the total of the three dice is between 4 and 10. An exception to this is if the roll produces three of a kind. If three of a kind is rolled, small bets lose.
To wager on a small bet, place your chips in the top left corner of the sic bo board.
- Big: big bets win if the sum of the three dice is between 11 and 17. An exception to this is if three of a kind are rolled. If three of the same numbers are rolled, big bets lose.
To wager on a big bet, put your chips in the top right corner of the sic bo board.
- Single: single bets are bets placed on a specific number. If that number shows up on any of the three dice, this bet wins.
To make this type of bet you can place chips on any of the numbers (1 - 6) at the bottom of the board.
- Combination/Domino: a combination bet requires players to wager on a combination of numbers. For example, you might wager that 2 and 6 will appear on two of the three dice.
This differs from a total bet where the sum of all the dice is calculated. Because the combination bets look like dominos on the sic bo board, they are sometimes called domino bets.
Combination bets are located near the middle-bottom of the sic bo board.
- Double: double bets involve betting on a number that you believe will appear twice among the three dice. For example, if you bet double on 2 then you are hoping at least two of the three dice will show a 2 when rolled.
Double bets are located near the top of the sic bo board.
- Triple (Specific): triple bets are placed on a specific number. To win, all three dice must land on the exact number you wagered on. The payout for a triple bet is large. However, the odds are also much lower than other sic bo bets.
Triple bets are located at the top of the board in the middle.
- Any Triple: an any triple bet is a safer way to bet on triples. Rather than having to indicate a specific number for the triple, you can bet on any number (1 - 6) to come up three times.
Triple bets are located at the top of the board in the middle.
- Totals: total bets are wagers placed on the sum of the three dice. Possible sums range from 4 to 17.
Total bets are located across the middle of the sic bo board. To place a total bet, put your chips on the number you believe will be the sum of the dice.
Sic Bo Payouts
Payouts differ in sic bo depending on the likelihood of each roll. Less common outcomes have higher payouts, more common outcomes have lower payouts.
Here are the most common payouts for each type of bet (keep in mind that each casino and game provider will have varying payouts):
- Small - 1:1
- Big - 1:1
- Single - 1 die - 1:1 | 2 die - 2:1 | 3 die - 3:1
- Combination - 6:1 or 5:1
- Double - 10:1 or 11:1
- Triple (Specific) - 180:1 or 150:1
- Any Triple - 30:1
- 4 & 17 - 60:1
- 5 & 16 - 20:1
- 6 & 15 - 18:1
- 7 & 14 - 12:1
- 8 & 13 - 8:1
- 9 & 12 - 6:1
- 10 & 11 - 6:1
Payouts work like this - let’s say you wager on a total bet with a payout of 20:1. If you win that bet, you will win $20 for every $1 wagered. For example, if you wagered $4, then you would win $80 ($4 x $20).
Playing Real Money Sic Bo Online
The option to play Sic Bo is limited on province and territory-operated casino sites. However, there are many options for Sic Bo at international online casinos.
Here are a few important things to look for when choosing an online Sic Bo casino:
- Plenty of game options (including sic bo)
- Safety and security of personal and financial information
- Several Canadian-friendly payment options
- Generous bonuses
- Excellent customer service
One of the biggest benefits of playing sic bo online - better payouts and a smaller house edge.
These perks are possible because online casinos don’t have to pay for many things that land-based casinos do, such as building costs.
Online casinos are also more convenient. You can play Sic Bo from the comfort of your own home at a variety of online casinos. Many online casinos also offer mobile options. This allows players to enjoy Sic Bo from virtually anywhere.
Sic Bo Variations
When playing sic bo online you’ll find two major variations:
- Table game sic bo
- Live casino sic bo
Table game Sic Bo is computer generated. This is a great way to get experience and practice without the pressure of a live dealer and competitors.
Live casino Sic Bo is great for those who want a more real-life experience. This variation is also a great way to practice before playing at land-based casinos.
Build your confidence and skill level online then try your luck at a land-based casino!
When playing Sic Bo online you can choose from real money Sic Bo or free online Sic Bo. If you’re confident and looking to get lucky, check out real money Sic Bo. If you would prefer to get more practice and not risk losing any money, try out the free options.
Sic Bo Game Providers
Some of the most popular game providers that offer sic bo games include:
- Evolution Gaming
- Real Time Gaming
Sic Bo Tips and Strategies
If you’re new to Sic Bo, here are some great tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your money:
- Wager on small bets and big bets - these two betting types have the lowest house edge (2.78%).
- Play sic bo online - this gives beginners a chance to learn the game before losing too much cash at a land-based casino.
- Keep track of what you spend - create a budget so that you don’t overspend.
- Use winnings to make riskier bets - once you have a few lucky bets (and make some money), use the funds you’ve earned to try some high-risk bets.
- Bet on more than one outcome per roll - as you become more experienced, try betting on multiple outcomes per roll.